Thursday, September 6

BreakThru Cafe

I am like so super busy. This is supposed to be e-learning week = holiday. But everyday i am mugging like crazy. 9 modules' online assignments + 2 essays + 3 Proj grp work prep all in 1 week. I think we are all superman. Maybe we all are.

So to cut the crap short, I happened to pass by this place called BreakThru Cafe and I really wanna recommend this place to all of u. If u are thinking of a starbucks or spinelli near chinatown, drop the idea. Visit BreakThru. This is a modern dim sum place opposite the subordinate court. But it is far from normal. The waiters serving there are people who were once judged in that very same court before, been into jail and out. These people after been to 突破之家, a Halfway house after jail, have accepted Christ and turned their lives anew.

When I look at this men serving in the cafe, and I listened to Kelvin Soh's song "机会”,I was so touched that tears came to my eyes. He was an ex-convict for drug offences in and out of jail for nearly 20 years. He first started taking drugs at pri 5 cos his father was taking drugs then. He is now the head of 突破之家 and these men under him are given new jobs by the new lines he created such as this cafe.

Believe me, this is one very touching cafe u must go to. Its definitely cheaper and more worth it den the watever else cafe. It helps u get in touch with ur human side again.

No comments: